FREE & LOW-COST TECH CLASSES: How can I refresh my tech skills?
Want to update or refresh your tech skills? Free classes are offered all of the time, and you can revise your application to include these new skills at any time!
- GCFLearnFree.org offers 125 tutorials, including more than 1,100 lessons, videos, free of charge. Tutorials are provided on a range of topics from Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and SharePoint to Google applications! Visit: http://www.gcflearnfree.org/
- Excel Exposure If you’re just starting to learn Excel or it’s been a while since you’ve used a spreadsheet program, check out this free site! http://excelexposure.com/
- Excel Easy offers a fully illustrated Excel tutorial + 300 examples. http://www.excel-easy.com
Courses for Educators
- Adobe Courses for Educators: Free professional development for educators on a variety of topics which integrate Adobe applications to enrich communication and classroom instruction. For registration and more information, see Adobe on Demand Courses for Educators.
- Resource Area for Teachers (RAFT) offers inexpensive courses for educators. Check out the schedule of offerings beginning in May at RAFT’s T3 Program.
- Krause Center for Innovation (KCI): offers low-cost short courses that enable educators to learn and enhance technology skills to support their curriculum and further inspire and engage their students! You will learn to use a variety of computer software for both your personal and professional use and can earn professional growth units for salary advancement! For more information, please visit http://krauseinnovationcenter.org/?page_id=38
Variety of Topics
- UCSC Silicon Valley Extension: offers a number of low-cost professional courses in a wide variety of areas including: biosciences, business management, education and engineering. Visit www.ucsc-extension.edu
- Coursera: Want to learn how to program? Interested in learning Python or another programming language? Coursera offers several free online courses from universities around the world that allow you to do just that! There are also a wide variety of courses in other disciplines as well! Visit: https://www.coursera.org/
- Udacity: Udacity offers a variety of courses on topics such as web design, computer science/programming, relational databases, HTML5 game development and more! Most courses allow you to access the course materials free of charge. The course materials include instructor videos, auto-graded quizzes and exercises, and a description of the project. Visit: https://www.udacity.com/
- edX: edX offers a variety of courses including technology and programming! Topics include biology, business, chemistry, computer science, economics, finance, electronics, engineering, food and nutrition, history, humanities, law, literature, math, medicine, music, philosophy, physics, science, statistics and more. Visit: https://www.edx.org/